Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My Turn



Hi. I'm a kitten. My name is Balrog. The Boy of the House came up with that idea for a name while he was playing his Lord of the Rings computer game. The Mom of the House said it was a good name for me because I need a fearsome name to give me confidence in facing down The Big Cat Who Hates Me.

I don't get that cat at all. Why is she so grumpy? I've done everything I know how to be friendly but all she does is hiss at me and whap me on the nose.

But just wait. The Dad of the House says he can tell by looking at my paws that one day I will be A Huge Cat. Then she will be sorry she was so mean to me.

Balrog the Kitten

11 comments:

Gannet Girl said...

How adorable is that cat?!

Lori said...

Hey! U R a Pure Black Cat, just like meeee...ow!!

I am changing sides. Lucy will probably stick with the Big Cat because she is black AND white too.

Any time you need advice I will help you.

Callie,
The BLACK main (and fickle) cat.

Teri said...

oh my gosh, so cute.

Andrew, the "new kitty" at my house (he's been here since November, but he's still new) says hi...and not to worry, it will all be okay with otherkitty eventually...just look at us, playing together, only a little biting, and no more hissing (usually)...

Karla MG said...

Awww, you are a sweet thing, but indeed worthy of your name! Sometimes big kitties need space to adjust, they forgot what being a little kitty is like.

Di said...

Gorgeous little beast.

Littlemankitty said...

Mama says you are the cutest little thing ever and that you look like girlkitty did when she was a kitten.

I hear your pain about older kitties nto being welcoming. It's mean.

Anonymous said...

Is he a hemingway?

Jan said...

What a GORGEOUS kitten!

Unknown said...

You look scary to me, Balrog!

Iris said...

Reminds me of my two cats when I brought home the younger when he was a kitten. Ten years later, they are the best of buddies. And I agree with the others, what a precious kitty!

Sue said...

Balrog, you are indeed a very sweet kitty.