Thursday, May 18, 2006

Medical Terminology

My daughter has a badly skinned knee--occupational hazzard of six-year-old rollerbladers, apparently. The scab ripped open during a car ride across town leaving her bleeding the backseat since I was driving and didn't have any extra tissues in the car anyway.

"This is a really bad owie!" she whimpered.

And my son helpfully commented, "Once you get out of pre-school, you have to call it an INJURY, not an owie. Only really little kids say "owie".

Which would YOU rather have: an injury or an owie??? If it's an injury can you still use the Sponge Bob bandaids??

2 comments:

Sue said...

I"m all about the owie.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

You are NEVER too old to use anything other than beige band-aides!!

I used to have some that looked like tattoos. I used them all up and cannot find them anymore ~sighs~

And I am 43.