Saturday, June 11, 2005

Aren't we missing something??

Thanks to Sarah Dylan Breuer for pointing us to this interesting quiz:
http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=44116 What theologian are you?

I came out as Jurgen Moltmann, which is fine with me. However, I couldn't help but notice that there did not appear to be any female theologians among the possible results. What's up with that? It appears, from the quiz farm home page, that anyone can invent a quiz on any topic. (I.e. "What kind of gay man are you?" I have not taken this one yet, but I'm interested to learn my results.) Could we come up with one for girl theologians?? I don't have much time in the next few days. I have to wind up my kids' school year, finish an academic paper and pack for a trip to South Alabama/NW Florida to visit family. But maybe some of you are on vacation already and could work on this? Who shall we include? Hildegaard of Bingen? Theresa of Avilla? Catherine of Siena? Please--share your ideas . . .

3 comments:

LutheranChik said...

Hildegarde, Teresa of Avila, Julian of Norwich...how about Dorothee Soelle as a contemporary female theologian? Elisabeth Schuessler-Fiorenza?

reverendmother said...

Oh, definitely Rosemary Radford Reuther. And Delores Williams. And Mary Daly! Bless her post-Christian heart.

It's been so long since I studied these theologians, so I'm not sure what a quiz would include... I've forgotten so much! :-(

Unknown said...

Ada Isasi-Diaz Maria? Did I get that right? It's only been three years since I graduated from seminary, but I'm an old woman of 44 with a shortening memory.