Tuesday, June 10, 2008

To Kill A Mockingbird . . .




. . .Would be a service to the wider community, to my way of thinking.

Mr. and Mrs. Mockingbird have a nest in a tree in my backyard. Everytime I set paw outside they squwack and holler and hurl the vilest obscenities at me. They even get the Mockingbirds from neighboring territories into the act. They all dive bomb me at once.

Yesterday I had to hide in the bushes where they couldn't get at me. I didn't know how I was going to get back to the house safely. Luckily, Elizabeth, who usually ignores me or hisses at me, came to my aid. She charged the birds so they scattered just long enough for me to make a dash for the garage.

Thanks friend. You can have my portion of greenies today.

Balrog the Cat

2 comments:

zorra said...

I sympathize. Those California mockingbirds are rough. I've lived around mockingbirds all my life--have lived in two states in which they are the state bird--and the only place I've ever been dive-bombed by one was Pasadena. Cats beware!

Lori said...

I suppose we are not dive bombed by them because we rescued a baby mocking bird a couple years back.

It's the favor bank at work.