Monday, September 04, 2006

Six Wierd Things About Me

Continuing with the blogger's block-I-can't-come-up-with-any-interesting-new-material theme, I shall participate in the Six Wierd Things About Me meme that currently seems to be going around.

Six Wierd Things About Me

1. I lose my keys. All. The. Time. My husband, my kids, the rest of the church staff and many members of congregations present and past are very familiar with the routine of helping me retrace my steps,and knowing my faviorite "set-down" places. Remarkably, though this happens several times each week, the keys are seldom missing for more than ten minutes at a time.

2. I twirl my hair. My mom reports that she found me in my crib stroking the back of my still mostly bald head when I was no more than a few months old. I never quit. Until I was seven, I sucked my thumb too as part of the deal, but I got over that. I can tie spectacular knots that magically disentangle themselves when I let go of them. When my hair is really long, I can crochet a strand it with my thumb and forefinger. I can't really wear hats or scarves for long periods of time because it interferes with the habit.

3. I can't keep house. I'm not lazy or stupid, but I cannot keep my house in order without outside intervention.

4. I believe cats understand everything you say to them.

5. I've been know to go a mile out of my way in order to avoid making a tricky left turn.

6. I can't play anything that involves a ball. Back in P.E. class I totally rocked the gymnastics, folk dancing, archery, and trampoline units--but I was totally hopeless at kick-ball, volleyball, tennis, basketball, soccer, or anything else that involved tracking, hitting or catching a projectile of any sort. Things have not gotten better over the years.

Tag, you're it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have only recently become a key loser. It makes me nuts! How do you take it!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I am totally with you on #4.

zorra said...

Both dogs and cats understand everything you say to them.

Whether they choose to act on that understanding is usually another issue.

GingerBarryBrandt said...

I used to lose keys with some frequency -- then I bought a special dish for keys. Only lately (a year or two later) have I started storing the keys in places other than the dish, and I'm pretty much screwed every time I do. :) ...WHY DO I THINK I CAN BE NORMAL? It's anal or nothing, really. Which maybe explains why MY house either looks abandoned or perfect. (I am allover weird. What can I say?! But I feel in much better company after reading about you.)

Cheers and prayers!
--Ginger

spookyrach said...

I like Ginger's allover weird. I'm there.