Thursday, February 09, 2006

That meme I don't have time to do

Hi friends. Several of you have tagged me for this meme. I just haven't gotten around to doing it. I had to pick one list to work from, but that doesn't mean I'm dissing anyone else.


The way it works. Knock the top name off the list below. Add yours to the bottom.

Anastasia
Haligweorc
Topmost Apple
Lutheranchik
Rebel Without a Pew


Tag five people for this meme

My Farcical Existence
Gannet Girl
Apostle John
A Church for Starving ARtists
Clever Title Here

And anyone else who hasn't been tagged, but wants to play.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was majorly burned out after 6 years as an Associate Pastor for Youth Ministry and trying to find a new call. My husband's job was not mobile at that point, so I was looking locally. I was in the middle of being rejected by twelve churches in a row in my Presbytery-- and about six months away from finally being offered an interim position at a great church.

What were you doing a year ago?
Helping my little church consider their options in the face of not enough money, falling apart building, radically changed neighborhood, and high anxiety about the future.

5 snacks you enjoy
home made cookies
Cheetos
pita with huumus
guacamole with tortilla chips
popcorn shirmp

5 Songs to which you know all the word
About 3/4 of the Presbyterian Hymnal. And zillions of others. If there is an auditory version of photgraphic memory, I have it. Or at least I did. This power seems to be waning with age.

5 things I'd do if I were a millionare
Pay off debts
Buy a house
Set up college fund for kids
Get retirement savings restarted
Give the rest away.

5 bad habits
Hair Twirling
Leaving Cabinets Opened
Leaving wet towels on the bed
Losing my keys
Creating "stacks" of stuff

UPDATE: My husband would like me to add: Leaving my watch in my jeans' pocket so that it accidently goes through the laundry and gets ruined. He just rescued my current watch at the last moment before it followed several previous watches to a watery grave.

5 things you enjoy doing
Reading
Blogging
Being with my kids
Cooking
Crocheting

5 things you would not wear again
platform shoes
micro-minis
skin tight jeans
mascara
a bikini

5 favorite toys
My laptop
My husbands picture taking cell phone
The dishwasher that the house I'm moving into has (YEAH!)
not sure what else to say. I'd like an MP3player and a new coffee maker

4 comments:

Jules said...

Well, I for one appreciate you humoring me!

I'm a hair twirler, too--which is ridiculous considering the length of my hair.

But seriously...mascara? I live for mascara!

Anonymous said...

I need a new coffeemaker///

Apostle John said...

Thanks for the tag -- I'll get right on it :)

see-through faith said...

laughing atthe watch story!